Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Realization


by Arianne Zagala

Shallowness can surely grow pretty deep.
As I click the link that says “Kundiman,”
I said, “He really is romantic,
This Pen-and-Paper Hero of our land.”

I await a work that will make me feel
A spark of hope for Filipino love
Harana, sinta, ilaw, giliw,
A poem for the youth about the must have.

I read the lines, slowly feeling foolish.
Sure, it’s about the must have of the youth
But it’s something greater, greater than this.
It’s words of love for our Mother Land’s soothe!

The love we’ve long forgotten, in words read
Of love’s wait on the country to be free
These words to awaken the dead
Love for country in romantics like me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

LiteraRizal Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger